[DBIx-Class-Devel] initial diagram

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Wed Dec 12 07:51:23 GMT 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 06:09:35PM -0600, fREW Schmidt wrote:
> Note that this is *not* a diagram to explain all of DBIC.  This is for
> an advent article that is focusing on one small aspect I've started to
> do in DBIC (push commonly used methods out of the result and into the
> resultset.)  The other three parts are only included for completeness.
> I'm certainly willing to add more parts, but bear in mind that most of
> it won't get discussed in the article.

I would add "crow's foot" endings to signify which object holds "many"
of which. Also it *seems* from your diagram that a Result *knows*
about the ResultSet that spawned it - and we both know this is not the
case. Ideally a "dotted-line relationship" from ResultSet to Result, and
"solid line relationship" from Source to both Result and ResultSet.

Did I mention I am a horrible at this? :)