[DBIx-Class-Devel] initial diagram

Jess Robinson castaway at desert-island.me.uk
Wed Dec 12 09:20:41 GMT 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:09:35 -0000, fREW Schmidt <frioux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note that this is *not* a diagram to explain all of DBIC.  This is for
> an advent article that is focusing on one small aspect I've started to
> do in DBIC (push commonly used methods out of the result and into the
> resultset.)  The other three parts are only included for completeness.
> I'm certainly willing to add more parts, but bear in mind that most of
> it won't get discussed in the article.

The problem with diagramming DBIC is that you want/need to almost connect
everything to everything else..

Looks fairly sane to me, I think I'd want to add text along the lines and
add arrows:
ResultSource--builds-->ResultSet--inflates-->Result ..

I'd probably change "table" to "query" in the Result box, and "class" to
"table" in the ResultSource box.

Jess