[DBIx-Class-Devel] Pull Request: topic/docs-pod-inherit

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Thu Dec 13 17:06:01 GMT 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 05:22:59PM +1100, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>> > Oh, and it looks like MetaCPAN ain't doing the PODs right, at least in
>> > regards with file prioritization.  More on that later...
>>
>> Indeed. I didn't realize our UIs are so much dumber than the toolchain.
>> I will ship a proper fix in a bit.
>>

> ETOOMUCH$WORK - didn't have a chance to look at this yet. It involves
> a lot of EUMM wrangling, so leave it to me - I should be able to finish
> it sometime today while I wait on $work exports and stuff. Note - we
> are still doing it my way, no .pod will be .gitignored.

We're working with oalders on this right now.  MetaCPAN isn't
following perldoc behavior, so he's concerned on that front.

ResultClass.pod still needs some work.  For some reason, P:I is
clobbering the NAME field there, and having the same name in
lib/generated_pod is causing problems with "make install" killing the
new one.  (And thus, perldoc doesn't give you the right version.)

--
Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>