[DBIx-Class-Devel] people/abraxxa/doc_plain_value_removal

Jess Robinson castaway at desert-island.me.uk
Tue Apr 2 18:14:36 GMT 2013

Hey Alex,

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 16:00:06 +0100, Alexander Hartmaier
<alex.hartmaier at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've started working on my first todo item [1] to remove the plain_value
> bind value workaround from the docs, please review the changes I've split
> up into three commits in people/abraxxa/doc_plain_value_removal.
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/abraxxa/5213040

You seem to be taking the "remove" a bit too literally. I don't think its
a good idea to remove the example from the FAQ completely, instead it
should be updated with an example of the correct/current way to solve that
problem.

The FAQ and the Cookbook are different types of documentation, and its ok
if they repeat information found elsewhere.. DRY does not apply in
documentation, at least not when one is a short "It looks like this" and
the other is a longer more comprehensive explanation.

Jess