[DBIx-Class-Devel] people/abraxxa/doc_plain_value_removal

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Wed Apr 3 12:37:18 GMT 2013

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 05:00:06PM +0200, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:
> I've started working on my first todo item [1] to remove the plain_value
> bind value workaround from the docs, please review the changes I've split
> up into three commits in people/abraxxa/doc_plain_value_removal.

Please review and adjust your work in 8a5c4a2a according to the new
feature that landed in topic/constructor_rewrite (d7ef033).

In other words you can remove the arbitrary datatype altogether, and
simplify things for the user. Also 0b2f6698 becomes non-issue, because
DBIC now supports the plain SQLA syntax as well (and throws an exception
in the rare cases it needs more).