[DBIx-Class-Devel] Re: [dbix-class] Prevent SQL::Translator::Producer::YAML from seeing our potential $dbh (b3f8918)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Sun Feb 17 08:30:12 GMT 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 02:10:29PM -0800, Joel Berger wrote:
> Success! Galileo no longer gets the dreaded messages.
>
> I do get this now, I'm assuming something else is causing it? DBICDH perhaps?
>
> > DBIx::Class::Carp::__ANON__(): Supplying a schema via  ... parser_args => { 'package' => $schema } is deprecated. Please use parser_args => { dbic_schema => $schema } instead at lib/SQL/Translator/Parser/DBIx/Class.pm line 44

Awwww crap - the Carp-er is buggy, thanks for pointing this out ;)

As far as the warning - it needs to be fixed here [1], and be released
*after* the new DBIC comes out. The reason 'package' is deprecated is
because it makes 0 sense - we are taking an instance here, not a package
name (even though a class-name is also supported, but not recommended for
obvious reasons).

[1] https://metacpan.org/source/FREW/DBIx-Class-DeploymentHandler-0.002204/lib/DBIx/Class/DeploymentHandler/DeployMethod/SQL/Translator.pm#L709

Cheers

---