[DBIx-Class-Devel] Re: [dbix-class] Replace $row with $result in all docs (878562e)

Alexander Hartmaier notifications at github.com
Sun Jun 2 15:17:40 GMT 2013

I talked to SineSwiper on IRC and readded the link because the other
$result occurrences also have the link.
He also explained the purpose of Manual::ResultClass to me and we agreed
that splitting it into a setup section, that holds all the links to classes
like ResultSource that are needed when setting up DBIC, which are mostly,
if no all, class methods, and a use-time section with links to classes like
PK and Row.

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM, dbsrgits sync <notifications at github.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 02:30:39AM -0700, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:
> > ... Row.pm which documents the methods a user might be interested in ...
>
> Yes - the document that lists these methods is ::Manual::ResultClass,
> *not* ::Row.
>

> > Also mst said that update returning anything is a mistake that's hard
> > to fix now.
>
> I bet this isn't actually what he said, as he has always been a strong
> advocate of call chaining. You probably got confused by his belief
> update() *itself* is a mistake, about which I agreed to viciously
> disagree with him ;)
>
> In any case - this is a documentation decision I defer to SineSwiper,
> which has a better eye for documentation than me and you (and definitely
> better than mst ;) Please ask him on IRC or per email, preferrably
> before merging this particular line-change (the rest is fine).
>
> Cheers

> .

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/878562e696c36755dd36b83292eab878c92ef81a#commitcomment-3335607