[DBIx-Class-Devel] SQL::Statement-based driver support

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Mon Mar 18 21:14:49 GMT 2013

I currently have topic/SS_DBD_support out there.  It is -mostly- ready.  So
far, it successfully tests for DBD::CSV and DBD::DBM.  These two tests are
required for authors and ran for those that have the right modules.  This
is because it's easy enough to set up a test environment on-the-fly a la
SQLite, and because these are the best supported.  (DBM comes with DBI, and
HMB maintains CSV regularly.)

Yes, SQL::Statement has its own set of idiosyncrasies and limitations.
 But, we can still support what it is capable of right now, and "caveat
persona" for anything else.  DBIC will either throw exceptions saying that
S:S doesn't support this or that, or S:S will error on its own.

The branch is safe to run and test.  I'll add in the other DBD tests and
push as I complete testing of them.

-- =

Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>