[DBIx-Class-Devel] SQL::Statement-based driver support

Brendan Byrd Perl at ResonatorSoft.org
Wed Mar 20 18:37:59 GMT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us>wro=
te:

> Just superficial review, will look at things in detail a tad later this
> week:

A 2nd pass has been pushed.  Commits can be compressed, if needed.  Kept
the option open so that you don't have to re-review the entire branch again.

> - Please get the thing green on travis for starters

I think I fixed things.  The Travis platform has a massive amount of debug,
so I can't tell if it's completely working:

https://api.travis-ci.org/jobs/5661990/log.txt?deansi=3Dtrue

> - We need to generate t/lib/test_deploy/DBICTest-Schema... - augment
>   maint/gen_schema (and the corresponding call in
>   maint/Makefile.PL.inc/56_autogen_testddl.pl)
>
> - s/Storage::DBI::SQL::Statement/DBI::DBDFile/ - seems like the more
> logical
>   base class (while the SQLMaker is fine as-is)
>

> - The txn_begin caller-guessing thing is a no-go. txn_begin needs to rema=
in
>   a noop with a carp_once "this driver can not support transactions
>   proceeding at your own risk" and a hard exception on a txn_rollback
>   "Unable to rollback - your data is likely inconsistent"

> - The svp_begin is not necessary - by default a storage is assumed to not
>   support savepoints.

> - in t/86ss_csv.t you have f_ext =3D> ".csv/r" - is the odd name intentio=
nal?

Done.

> - Move the "no-bind-limit" copy into SQLMaker::SQLStatement - make it a
>   substituting wrapper around the original

Done, with the caveat that it's not a "substituting wrapper", but an
overload.  I starting converting it to a wrapper and realized that undoing
the old limit and putting the new values was going to be double the code
and wasteful.  Did I misunderstand what you were requesting?

> - autoinc exception needs to move way earlier before the call, so that one
>   does not start inserting NULL's into columns marked is_auto_increment.
>   I will do a writeup towards the weekend of all column attrs DBIC
> currently
>   opportunisticaly uses, it will become more apparent then.

Oh, you're talking about the _dbh_last_insert_id exception.  How far back
should it go?  SQLMaker level?

-- =

Brendan Byrd <Perl at ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD at CPAN.org>