[DBIx-Class-Devel] SQL::Statement-based driver support

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Thu Mar 21 13:32:31 GMT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 09:10:46AM -0400, Brendan Byrd wrote:

> Someday, I'll parse though your Travis YML file and stuff some of that into
> Dist::Zilla::TravisCI. You do have some good work there worth sharing.

I am still tweaking it here and there as you can see. Once it stabilizes
(and once I outsource the perl compilation) I am going to add a catalyst
smoker based on the same to shake out even more bugs. Once that is done
it would be reasonable to abstract it away - it's still too manual at
this point.

> Okay, I'll probably auto-detect the logic for resorting to
> _dbh_last_insert_id the same way Storage::DBI::insert() handles it, before
> actually next::method into insert().  It'll also do a
> $dbi->can('last_insert_id') check, since some drivers (like mine) might
> actually have the foresight to implement such a method.

Yes something like that.