[DBIx-Class-Devel] $obj->has_relationship_loaded (or why people/abraxxa/has_relationship_loaded isn't merged)

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Sat Mar 30 02:53:35 GMT 2013

(I am adding Shea Levy and mst to the recipients - neither is a list
member, please keep them on CC)

Got ahold of a #dbix-class log today and after wading through much of
blind-leading-blind figured I better add some clarity:

Originally abraxxa went to implement the stuff currently in
people/abraxxa/has_relationship_loaded [1], and asked for review. I came
back with what amounts to:

 < long explanation of how broken the current system is and what to clean>
 I have not looked at the branch itself at all, as before we figure out
 which of these things stays and what goes, there is little sense in
 adding the new method.

All of this was ignored, however, and after whining for a bit without
doing any of the actual cleanup work abraxxa just gave up on the patch.

I rebased and added the full explanation email [2]. If anyone has the
tuits and desire to clean this pile of crap while keeping existing tests
passing - I would <3 her/him for eternity.

Note that - yes - we could have just merged the code and left the
inconsistencies in. This way lies zero incentive to clean things up.
Hence the hold and call to volunteers.

Cheers

[1] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/compare/master...people;abraxxa;has_relationship_loaded#diff-1
[2] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/blob/people/abraxxa/has_relationship_loaded/TO_MERGE