[DBIx-Class-Devel] Re: [sql-translator] People/rporres/sqlite autoincrement (#26)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Thu Oct 31 12:21:00 GMT 2013

@frioux On the incompat - basically this changes all autoinc columns in new deployments from "guaranteed unique but possibly decreasing" to "guaranteed monotonically increasing including inability to wrap around".

Additionally the SQLite docs state in http://www.sqlite.org/autoinc.html :
> These are important properties in certain applications. But if your application does not need these properties, you should probably stay with the default behavior since the use of AUTOINCREMENT requires additional work to be done as each row is inserted and thus causes INSERTs to run a little slower.

So I don't know what is a sane way forward... In any case if we go with the change it has ramifications to any test suite that deletes rows, then inserts more, and expects a particular PK value.

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/sql-translator/pull/26#issuecomment-27481176