[DBIx-Class-Devel] [dbix-class] Disconnect after schema version check. (#57)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Tue Aug 26 04:37:22 GMT 2014

First of all many thanks for the time looking into this! I would however like for you to look deeper into the issue. The current behavior seems wrong in itself, therefore the result is you adding a bandaid fixing something that should not have been there in the first place.

The problem on the table is: we are connecting twice.
The correct question isn't "why aren't we disconnecting",  but rather "why are we connecting twice?!"

The solution would lie in examining the ::Versioned code and determining whether any of the ->connect calls have anything special done to their connect attributes. If this is *not* the case (i.e. we always connect to the same place *anyway*) - then clearly you are looking into a shared $dbh as can be seen in the *second* bullet point here: https://metacpan.org/pod/DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI#connect_info. I will not be available for most of this week, please ask @frioux for help if you get stuck and/or have trouble navigating my explanation.

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/pull/57#issuecomment-53374573