[DBIx-Class-Devel] [dbix-class] Ability to override cascade_copy when calling Row->copy (#58)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Thu Sep 4 08:36:40 GMT 2014

@mikegrb What @ilmari didn't mention was that even with a well though-through API this use-case is too specific to be a part of the DBIC core. That is, while the code in either case is identical, the feature itself should be available in a DBIx::Class::<something> via an override of copy(). Then a user that needs this would load it in the base Result class via load_components() and be on their way.

Thus I am going to close this PR for the time being. Let me know if you have further question. In particular if you disagree with the above *PLEASE* don't hesitate to reopen this PR and articulate your point further.

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/pull/58#issuecomment-54431899