[DBIx-Class-Devel] [sql-abstract] Adding a 'select_for_update' wrapper around 'select' method (#5)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Thu May 7 14:31:40 GMT 2015

Thanks for the contribution! It however doesn't fit with the "mission statement" of the module.

>... choice between adding functionality to SQL::Abstract, or hacking in the $sql .= " for update"...

There is a 3rd option - create a subclass of SQL::Abstract and use that. The overriding philosophy isn't even "avoid method bloat", but "remain as generic as possible" in the style of "do one thing and do it well". Also keep in mind that "...FOR UPDATE" is not even portable syntax.

I am not able to accept this patch nor a variation of one.

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/sql-abstract/pull/5#issuecomment-99888609