[DBIx-Class-Devel] [dbix-class] Postpone 'create_related' rows until main row is created (#78)

Peter Rabbitson notifications at github.com
Fri May 15 11:45:10 GMT 2015

> MY RESOLUTION: code is safe and you must not worry about it ;-)

Um... the entire point of review/maintainership is to worry about things ;) This PR will end up with **some** code being merged. Without me actually reading through it I can't yet tell you how much will be taken as-is, and how much will be changed.

I understand the eagerness of seeing your code go up on CPAN. But one needs to take into consideration the extraordinarily large footprint of this project. Due to this DBIC moves much slower than many other perl projects. All in all - patience please ;)

> I had desire to report about some method renaming and removing, about removing of some part of documentation and add doc for well formed methods (that were renamed). But I guess you will reject that as mine other proposal.

It is hard for me to definitively tell whether I would have accepted or rejected a particular change. The current philosophy is roughly

* If something can be done outside of DBIC - it is always preferred to do so in a separate module
* Clarification changes to some gnarly parts of the API are fine, given the changes are 200% backwards compatible, and the old way of doing things continues working indefinitely

With the above in mind I urge you to open extra issues on RT (or alternatively discuss proposals on the IRC channel). What I definitely do not want to see is you sitting on a good idea because of a fear it will be rejected.

IOW: `It's a pity` ;)

---
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/pull/78#issuecomment-102376351