[Dbix-class] retrieve_from_sql

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Aug 1 02:17:34 CEST 2005

Does anybody use this? More importantly, is anybody using it out of choice
or is it purely being used to get round Class::DBI (or whatever ORM) having
insufficient flexibility to let you construct the query in an asbtract
fashion?

It's part of the Class::DBI API so we need to support it in the compat layer
at least, but if we're going to abstract away the database layer entirely
(which is necessary for e.g. Rosetta, let alone something like an LDAP
backend) I think we should probably only support abstract formats in core,
primarily SQL::Abstract style as currently and perhaps Tangram style later.

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk