[Dbix-class] Cursor and constraint compat added

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Aug 1 15:37:14 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 11:43:20AM +0200, Emanuele Zeppieri wrote:
> > [...]
> > I've implemented slice as efficiently as I can; also it uses
> > rows and offset
> > in the attrs to specify the slice
>
> Great! This is the right way slice should be implemented, not the CDBI
> way.

Which is why we're doing this in the first place - one of the things I'm
trying to do is implement things a relatively efficient way from the ground
up so we *can't* write code that depends on an inefficient implementation.

> > so once we port the Sweet
> > LIMIT stuff
> > across it should be easy to use that instead for supported dbs.
>
> Just when you do the porting, seize the opportunity to change the code
> to query for the DBMS in use, not for the driver ;-)

I remember you talking about this a while back for Sweet; when we start
looking at database specific optimisations make sure you get in on the
discussion - or patch your way to a commit bit and you can have ownership
of the relevant code yourself.

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk