[Dbix-class] might_have support added, relationships refactored, happy birthday

Kaare Rasmussen kar at kakidata.dk
Tue Aug 2 20:11:47 CEST 2005

> I'm aware that lots of you really, really need sequences but going back to
> IANADBA I don't actually have anything except MySQL and SQLite handy to test
> against.

Sequences are necessary when working with PostgreSQL and Oracle. I'd
like them to be invisible though if it could be at all possible. I don't
have a clue about how it should be done, but it would allow me to use
the same DBIx::Class class for PostgreSQL and SQLite.

> A couple failing tests and a connection to a postgres db would be enough for
> me to do it, or maybe one of you lot fancies having a go?

It's really very easy to install a PostgreSQL db. I don't have time to
check out the latest and greatest DBIx::Class right now, but maybe in a
couple of days. But by then I expect a lot of other people have done it.