[Dbix-class] might_have support added, relationships refactored, happy birthday

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at tendentious.org
Tue Aug 2 23:54:56 CEST 2005

Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> writes:
> I'm aware that lots of you really, really need sequences but going
> back to IANADBA I don't actually have anything except MySQL and
> SQLite handy to test against.
>
> A couple failing tests and a connection to a postgres db would be
> enough for me to do it, or maybe one of you lot fancies having a go?

Recent (> 1.38) versions of the DBI include the ->last_insert_id
method; wouldn't it make sense to build DBIx::Class's functionality on
this base and do away with driver-specific code if at all possible?

It seems better to support the standard than not, assuming there
aren't caveats about breadth of support or performance...

Mike
--
You better not mess with Major Tom