[Dbix-class] retrieve_from_sql

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Aug 4 17:39:56 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 12:31:24PM +0200, Emanuele Zeppieri wrote:
> A third option could be (and this is the last time I'll mention it,
> promised ;-) to request the user to explicitly supply the necessary
> metadata when she/he uses raw SQL.

retrieve_from_sql and count_from_sql now call the storage engine
with \$sql (Abstract treats scalarref as literal) and an attrs hash
pre-populated with the bind values (these are normally filled during the
abstract parsing stage).

That should pretty much give you the chance to shoot yourself in the foot
any way you want to, and still leave the core pure-abstract :)

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk