[Dbix-class] Using Class::Std under-the-hood

Dan Sully daniel at electricrain.com
Thu Aug 11 08:46:20 CEST 2005

* Dan Kubb shaped the electrons to say...

>We're looking to get some feedback before making any decisions.  If
>you've got anything pro or con to add, now's the time to speak up..

What are the performance implications of using Class::Std?

One of the things that make DBIx::Class promising is the reduced overhead as
compared to Class::DBI. If the fundamental building blocks are changed to
something that greatly increases the overhead, I personally do not see a net
gain. Yes, I like encapsulation, etc, etc.

-D
--
<noah> the auto mechanic told me there was something wrong with my rear differential.
I told him I never took calculus.