[Dbix-class] Using Class::Std under-the-hood

Thu Aug 11 20:00:19 CEST 2005

At 1:25 AM -0700 8/11/05, Bill Moseley wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 11:36:57PM -0700, Dan Kubb wrote:
>>  Via IRC some of us have been discussing converting DBIx::Class to
>>  using Class::Std under-the-hood.  If you're not familiar with
>>  Class::Std, you can find more about it here:
>>
>>    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Class-Std/
>
>Why don't all module authors write docs like that?
>
>Maybe I'm missing something, but in Class::Std how would you have
>attributes that are defined/added at run time?

Simple.  The sub-class which is adding them will define a
class-scoped hash of its own per each added attribute, just as the
main class did.  Moreover, the subclass doesn't even have to know
what its parent class' attribute names were, and can define
same-named ones without trouble. -- Darren Duncan