[Dbix-class] 0.04991_01 pushed

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Dec 27 05:02:18 CET 2005

http://pause.perl.org/incoming/
http://trout.me.uk/perl/

0.04999_01 2005-12-27 03:33:42
        - search and related methods moved to ResultSet
        - select and as added to ResultSet attrs
        - added DBIx::Class::Table and TableInstance for table-per-class
        - added DBIx::Class::ResultSetInstance which handles proxying
          search etc. as a superclass of DBIx::Class::DB
        - assorted test and code cleanup work

Note: This is *not* necessarily a complete pre-release.

Stuff I want in 0.05 -

my $datasource = Schema->connect($dsn, $user, $pass, \%opts);

my @obj = $datasource->resultset('Foo')->search(...);

etc.

plus a nicer layer round select/as to handle DISTINCT, maybe more complex
COUNTs. Oh, and proper function support in DBIC::SQL::Abstract.

Oh, and I'm considering a grand class renaming, moving all the result
components under DBIx::Class::Result::* (load_components should still work
the same though) to clean the namespace up a bit.

PLEASE test this dev release anyway, be nice to know if I've done anything
stupid so far :) - and comments on current and planned changes would be nice.

Oh, and Merry Christmas! (or #include <appropriate_seasonal_greeting.h>)