[Dbix-class] Live object index support ported

Jason Gessner jason at multiply.org
Fri Jul 29 15:24:34 CEST 2005

On Jul 29, 2005, at 1:50 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:

> I've ported the Class::DBI live object index into DBIx::Class as
> ::CDBICompat::LiveObjectIndex. Notable changes are -

ok.

Since there was always a constant question from SOMEONE about the
live_object_index, can we have a quick discussion about what it
actually does and if it is useful to keep it?

It isn't a cache per se.

Does it help keep 2 objects that are really the same row in sync?  If
so, what is a good reason for even having 2 objects that refer to the
same row, in the same process at the same time?

-jason gessner
     jason at multiply.org