[Dbix-class] design thought

David Storrs dstorrs at dstorrs.com
Sat Jul 30 00:22:47 CEST 2005

On Jul 29, 2005, at 6:02 PM, Todd Hepler wrote:

> One of my frustrations with cdbi is that it is limited to DBI and
> assumes that all the objects represent rows in a database.

Not really.  It assumes that they are records in a backing store, but
that backing store could be an RDBMS, a flatfile, or anything else
that provides a conformant DBD module.

Granted, the interface does use DB-centric terms like 'row' and
'col', but those are pretty much synonymous with 'record' and 'field'
in a more generic context.

So yes, I think you can probably have exactly what you want--you just
need to write the relevant DBD modules.

--Dks