[Dbix-class] Selecting Mixins with MI

John Siracusa siracusa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 06:23:39 CEST 2005

On 7/30/05 11:13 PM, Sam Vilain wrote:
> John Siracusa wrote:
>> I think it'd be useful to have a more general "Perl DBI/ORM" list, in
>> addition lists for individual modules (like this one, and the ex-Class::DBI
>> list).  This Perl DBI/ORM "community" (such as it is) is probably not big
>> enough to sustain an active list for every single module, but I think
>> there's still plenty to discuss en masse.
>>
>> So, anyone else interested?  Anyone know how to go about setting up such
>> things?  Maybe dbix at perl.org?  Or dbi-orm at perl.org?  Hm...
>
> There's the poop-group list for that purpose, see lists.perl.org

I think there's a subtle but important distinction between "perl object
persistence" and "object-relational mapping."  In once case, the db is a
"backing store" for your objects.  In the other, your objects are an
abstracted way to access a (usually preexisting) database.

Anyway, I think I'm subscribed to the unfortunately named poop list, but it
gets very little traffic (~30 messages for 2005 so far).  The ORM-related
posts to this module-specific list have already eclipsed that posting rate,
so maybe other people have been avoiding the poop list due to the same
subtle topic mismatch that I see.

-John