[Dbix-class] Perldoc holes

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Thu Nov 3 12:16:17 CET 2005

Hi there,

Spent my first couple of hours playing with DBIC (0.03001) today, and
found (I think) a couple of perldoc holes (haven't looked at the svn
tree yet though). I read the DBIx::Class perldocs, then obediently
DBIC::Table, ::Row, ::Schema, ::DB, and ::Relationship, and then
started playing.

The set_primary_key and find methods don't seem to be documented
anywhere in the above - I only found them via looking at how
CDBICompat::Retrieve was implemented, and then following up the
suggestion to look at DBICTest.

A couple of questions too:

- is it possible to update a column with a NULL? I expected
  $foo->set_column(bar => undef) to do that, but that gives an
  'eq' comparison error

- the methods created by add_columns don't seem to be mutators,
  just accessors - is the intent that set_column is used instead,
  or is this a TODO item?

- is there an CDBI-like autoupdate mode yet?

Thanks much to all involved.

Cheers,
Gavin