[Dbix-class] Does anybody actually care about DBIx::Class::CDBICompat?

David Kamholz davekam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 21 10:29:03 CET 2005

On Nov 20, 2005, at 8:45 PM, Krzysztof Krzyzaniak wrote:

> Matt S Trout wrote:
>> Seriously, though - I've heard of very few people actually using
>> it, and
>> several suggesting dropping it.
>> Does anybody use this? Was anybody planning to try and use it as a
>> half-way
>> house for porting?
>
> I don't use. I am not planning use it.
>
>   eloy

Just remember that there are certain features currently only
available in CDBICompat that might be important to people: live
object index, autoupdate, triggers, etc. Ideally some or all of these
should make it to DBIC anyway (as optional components of course).
Currently I'm not using any of the compat stuff, but I did for a bit
before I had my code completely ported over. It was useful for that.
And I have a feeling that if DBIC conquers the world (like it seems
to have already begun to do), it will come in handy later on to have
a not totally out of date compat module. So, splitting the
distribution makes perfect sense, it would just be nice to not
_completely_ ignore the compat one. :-)

Dave