[Dbix-class] Currently considered EXPERIMENTAL?

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 12:30:32 CET 2005

Chisel Wright wrote:
> How experimental is DBIx::Class considered these days then?
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~agrundma/DBIx-Class-0.03003/lib/DBIx/Class.pm
> still says it shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a production database.
>
> Is this this still the case? My team and I at work are interested in
> DBIx::Class, but we can't really start using it properly/heavily if the
> pod-disclaimer is true.

mst may have his own opinion on this, but personally I would say: if
your team (or, at least, a large proportion of them) are good enough to
read and understand the DBIC internals when they need to, then use DBIC.
If, on the other hand, you want a beautiful, stable, well-documented,
all-singing all-dancing API then maybe DBIC isn't quite there yet.

Jules