[Dbix-class] No such column: me. error

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Nov 22 19:20:21 CET 2005

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:23:48PM -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> I'm stumped on this. I'm working through the Handel test suite and I'm
>> getting this error on a write activity:
>>
>> Where is the "me" in me.sku coming from?
>
> Storage adds it - if you export DBIX_CLASS_STORAGE_DBI_DEBUG=1 (or set
> $class->storage->debug(1) ) you'll be able to see the full SQL statement.
> Storage always aliases the current able to 'me' currently in order to
> distinguish it from joins and prefetches.

Fixed. Stupid user trick [as usual].... __PACKAGE__->add_columns instead
of $self->add_columns in my DBI class... eeek...can't wait to factor
that out...

I think the only thing left is deep recursion issues since I have my own
new() subs...once I NEXTalize that, I think I'm in the clear.

The only real outstanding issue what to do with all of my add_constraint
calls...

-=Chris