[Dbix-class] dbic::loader and postgres

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 24 17:04:11 CEST 2005

Code here:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

use DBIx::Class::Loader;

my $loader = DBIx::Class::Loader->new(
    dsn => 'dbi:Pg:dbname=test',
    user => 'dbuser',
    password => '',
    namespace => 'Test');

Fails on postgres with:

Can't locate object method "db_Main" via package "DBIx::Class::Loader::Pg"
at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/DBIx/Class/Loader/Pg.pm line 93.

Just as an aside (a wish item, I suppose), one of the shortcomings of
CDBI::Loader for postgres was the hardcoded "public" schema name in the
loader.  Therefore, without modifying the code in the distro, it isn't
possible to include another schema or multiple schema.  It would be great if
that could change.  Once I can get DBIC::loader working, I can work on a
patch.

Thanks,
Sean