[Dbix-class] wishlist: "might_have_many"

Mark Hedges hedges at ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 13 04:05:31 CEST 2006

I found that if I do a prefetch on a Foo RS to its have_many
Bar, but it doesn't have any Bars, I don't get the Foo at all.

This is similar to a problem where if I do a prefetch from one
to another with a 1:1 relationship, but the other doesn't exist,
it does not work if I defined with has_one but it does work if I
defined if might_have.

However there isn't a fix for a 1:N relationship.  (Doesn't 1:N
imply that N could equal 0?)  Instead I have to remember where
this drop might occur and I get no object, and I can't prefetch.

Mark