[Dbix-class] Help with join

Mark Hedges hedges at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 25 18:39:11 CEST 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Jess Robinson wrote:
> Mark, if theres stuff that you feel is "mixed in", could you detail (a
> little) what you think the distinctions should be?

Well, it took me a while to wrap my head around the idea of the
ResultSet.  Seemed like more lines of code at first than writing
SQL and using selectall_*ref.  Like, why are join and prefetch
any different?  (Yes I know the answer now.)

The doc has two main sections, 'METHODS' and 'ATTRIBUTES' - very
codey.  It seems like maybe some attributes do not apply to some
methods or conflict with each other.  But they are all just
listed in there under those categories in no apparent order.

Admittedly the Cookbook has clearer functional examples.  Maybe
all that would be needed is pointing to the cookbook earlier on
in the ResultSet pod.