[Dbix-class] patch for InflateColumn::DateTime

Dan Horne dan.horne at redbone.co.nz
Sat Aug 5 01:16:53 CEST 2006

On Behalf Of Mark Hedges
> Sent: Saturday, 5 August 2006 10:54 a.m.
> To: dbix-class at lists.rawmode.org
> Subject: [Dbix-class] patch for InflateColumn::DateTime
>

> Hi,
>
> I could not create an object and set the date field to \q{ NOW() }.
>
> deflate->() should not do anything if the value is a scalar ref,
> but should pass it through as-is so it gets turned into raw SQL.

On a related note I wonder what people think about a db-generic version of
"now()" which would be replaced with "now" or "sysdate" or whatever the
db-specific implementation should be. It means that you wouldn't need to
create a DateTime object in advance just to get the current date for your
record.

Dan