[Dbix-class] How about a reverse parser script/utility? (Was: Query Building Help)

Hugh Lampert hlampert at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 11 18:11:10 CEST 2006

Ash Berlin wrote:

>> On 8/10/06, *Ash Berlin* <ash at cpan.org <mailto:ash at cpan.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Right then guys:
>>
>>     I am trying to build the following query:
>>     [......]
>>     Any recourse?

Perhaps this is a crazy idea but I see I'm not the only one who
struggles with the DBIC syntax.  As a SQL DBA/Developer I'm a lot more
comfortable with SQL syntax than coding queries for DBIC. Would it be
possible to write a utility module or script that given a valid SQL
query in a string would produce the corresponding DBIC method call?

(Please don't tell me to write this myself, I'm not that big a genius!)