[Dbix-class] call for testing: 07001

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 14 11:16:07 CEST 2006

I had problems installing DBIC.

The problem had to do with a circular dependency between Algorithm::C3 and
Class::C3, which are in turn dependencies for DBIC. This error shows as a
failed test in the CPAN test report, for Algo::C3, but one version back from
the current version.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what may have been happening was CPAN wasn't
picking up the most recent version of Algo::C3, but one-version-back. I
managed to get everything installed by commenting out the line of code that
was causing the test failure. But I didn't report it via RT, because I think
the may have been fixed in the most recent version. But not sure...
confusing!

I'm going to try installing this on my other computer today (at work), and
see if Algo::C3 now installs cleanly. If it doesn't, maybe the problem still
hasn't been fixed and I'll report via rt.

CPAN certainly has bad hair days.

thomas.