[Dbix-class] How about a reverse parser script/utility? (Was: Query Building Help)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Aug 14 16:33:49 CEST 2006

Thomas Hartman wrote:
> 2006/8/14, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk
  >     Sure. I've always been rather fond of the Tangram query syntax. Were
>     it not
>     GPL-only I'd have had a go at porting Tangram::Expr straight acrosss
 >
> What are the issues with a module being GPL only?

(1) for $deity's sake, please stop top-posting

(2) DBIx::Class is under the perl license, which is the disjunction of the GPL
and artistic licenses. For commercial redistribution the AL is much friendlier
(you have to contribute your patches back upstream or make other arrangements
with the author if you want to redistribute a modified version as part of a
commercial work, but that's pretty much it), and most of our clients have no
desire to make their entire application GPL.