[Dbix-class] Problem with DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader

James Masters james at masters.me.uk
Thu Aug 24 00:37:53 CEST 2006

I'm new to DBIx and have managed to get DBIx::Class working using mysql by
setting up a couple of test schema modules.

I don't really understand what Loader does. Does it create a whole load of
module files with the schema info that I would otherwise have to write out
manually and then read them in?  If so, presumably, this only needs to
happen once so do I just write a sepeare script to run once?

Or does it simply read my MySQL database tables columns and wotnot into
memory every time and dispenses with the schema info modules altogether
(this is what I was hoping it would do).

thanks for your help.