[Dbix-class] RFC: DBIx::Class::TypedView (or Is this CPAN worthy?)

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 15:28:40 GMT 2006

On 12/2/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> First thing: inflating to different classes based on a column

Actually, when selecting it doesn't really inflate to the different
classes. In the table A, table B, view V example above, when selecting
you'd get V objects, not A or B objects.

> Second thing: making a result source that does something odd - i.e. redirects
> insertion/update/delete based on a field of the object.
>
> OTOH, to implement the second thing means re-routing this stuff via source
> then to storage which we don't currently do. So, while that's probably the
> best way to implement it, this is fine for now.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly. What would be "this" and the
"that" on your last statement?

The way it's implemented it doesn't even mess with result sources.
Those redirections only exist at the row level. Hence, the current
limitation on updating/deleting entire resultsets without using the
*_all variants.

> If you could use TypedUnionView or some similar more descriptive name to leave
> us more room for manoeuvre once the infrastructure is capable of it it'd be
> appreciated.

Fine, I'll rename it then.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.