[Dbix-class] JOIN patch and inflate_columns patch

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Dec 6 13:56:46 GMT 2006

On 6 Dec 2006, at 09:53, Bernhard Graf wrote:

> To Matt and maybe also other developers of DBIC:
>
> About one week ago I posted two patches for DBIC to the list after
> Matt
> asked me to add some tests.
>
> I would like to know, if these patches are acceptable and espially
> accepted now. The join-patch addresses a problem, that currently
> certain SQL JOIN conditions cannot be expressed with DBIC, so I (and
> maybe others) really need this kind of patch.
>
> After investing a couple of hours of work into discussing the
> problem on
> the list and making the patch "MST-compliant" I feel a little
> frustrated not getting any feedback.
>
> So please tell me - what is the status of these patches?

The join one I'll probably apply next time I do a pass across that
are of the code.

ISTR the inflate_column one renamed a method rather than creating an
inflate_columns method that calls inflate_column as requested; did
you post a version that implemented it the other way? If so, a link
to the web archive pointing at the mail where you did so would be
appreciated since evidently I've missed it.

I'm currently fighting to get time to fix the prefetch bug reported
and have been ignoring other stuff while I beat my head against that
(8 hours elapsed so far ...), very sorry for not replying to your
mails sooner.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for