[Dbix-class] Getting old column values when overriding update?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 22:41:04 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to move away from triggers for some things
so that I can write code that has a chance of running
on more than one database.  However one thing I'm
having trouble emulating is how on most database with
update triggers you can get the old values for the
updating row.  Usually it's a syntax like OLD.name,
etc.  However I don't see a simple way to do that when
I override the update method in my DBIx::Class
packages.  Does anyone know if this something I'll
need to burn another query on, or am I just not
reading the documentation correctly?

--john