[Dbix-class] How not to fetch relational object?

vti mbit at ukr.net
Mon Dec 18 14:31:07 GMT 2006

Is there a way how not to fetch a relational object?

For example I have artist and cd. Relationships are trivial.

When I write artist->cd I want to get just id in artist table, but actually I am getting cd object and to get id have to artist->cd->id which is another SQL query, is there any way to get just column value and not going through all that relational stuff?

Probably you've already answered on that question. Sorry for that.

Thanks anyway.