[Dbix-class] Overwrite search method in DBIx::Class::ResultSet

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Tue Dec 19 17:52:25 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I want to overwrite the search method because I think it's the best way
to approach my goals.
I want to replace every search for a password with a MD5 function
wrapped around it. like $rs->search({user => "user1", password =>
"secret"}). And behind the curtain my DBIx-Class component should
replace the password with MD5('secret').
I think the best way is to overwrite the search method. But this could
get a little bit tricky if you use more complicated searches with -or or
-and.

Any ideas on that?

Thank you.

Moritz Onken