[Dbix-class] branch status

Ash Berlin ash at cpan.org
Thu Dec 21 12:06:26 GMT 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> While I remember: can everybody with an active branch off -current sing
> out and tell us
>
> (1) what it's designed for

source-handle branch - replaces all ->result_source with a
(schema,source_name) tuple.

``This module removes fixed link between Rows/ResultSets and the actual
source objects, which gets round the following problems

Needing to keep C<$schema> in scope, since any objects/result_sets will
have a C<$schema> object through their source handle

Closer to being able to do a Serialize::Storable that doesn't require
class-based connections''

> (2) where it's up to

Not quite bug free - last time i tested it (about a month ago now I
think) I had one or 2 test failures on cdbi compat tests to iron out

> (3) when you expect it to be ready for audit before merge to -current

Might be able to do some work over the holiday period.

Ash