[Dbix-class] Re: how to use a complex query in DBIx::Class

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Wed Dec 27 04:38:31 GMT 2006

* Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> [2006-12-27 01:05]:
> She was referring to the odd use of selecting the boolean NOT
> NULL of what seems to be the pk in a foreign table being
> joined

Ah, I didn’t notice the condition in the ON clause (which should
have been in the WHERE clause anyway).

> which seems like a hack/workaround for not using the correct
> join type in the first place.

Looking again now I can’t even see how that boolean expression
would ever be false, given the `userId = '3'` condition.

> I don't see what any of it has to do with your vat example.

Jess’ “I’ve not seen this syntax” seemed to refer to the use of
expressions in the SELECT clause. I’m not sure it does, or if I
misunderstood Jess; nor am I sure Jess whether misunderstood the
query or not; the only thing I’m sure of is I still don’t
understand how that query ended up the way it is.

Yeah.

Regards,