[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.02001 released

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:48:24 CET 2006

Available from the usual spot until it hits the CPAN mirrors:

http://pause.perl.org/incoming/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.02001.tar.gz

Changes entries for this release:

0.02001 Fri Feb 17 20:25:40 UTC 2006
        - tests fixed up a bit
        - auto-loading of on-disk class definitions layered on top
          of the generated definitions (create Foo::Schema::Bar, then
          also try to ->require it if it exists on disk).
        - new parameters components and resultset_components, which do
          the obvious for the generated table classes.
        - DBIx::Class pre-req bumped to 0.05006, since Schema::Loader
          is virtually gauranteed to cause subtle mod_perl problems
          without those fixes.

The most important change is the ->require bit.  If you create a
Schema::Loader-based Schema class file for "My::Schema", and you also
create a physical file on disk for My::Schema::Foo (My/Schema/Foo.pm
in @INC somewhere), that will be auto-loaded by the Schema::Loader
after it does its magic, allowing you to layer in other things (like
resultset methods, or relationship definitions, etc).

The other biggie is the addition of a "components" argument.  This
takes the same short component names as the usual ->load_components
you would see in your per-table classes.  PK::Auto::<Vendor> and Core
are already provided, but you can add in more components here.

resultset_components is also provided for using
DBIx::Class::ResultSetManager, but this interface may still be in flux
a bit, I'd wait for it to settle down in the next version before
relying on it too much.

-- Brandon