[Dbix-class] solved the RFC on SQL::Routine; new direction planned

Tue Jan 10 00:12:12 CET 2006

Thanks for the further responses from Ron Savage and Jenda Krynicky.

As a follow-up, yesterday I decided to name the language "IRL"
(Intermediate Relational Language), at least for now.

Its nice and short, and its very descriptive.  An intermediate
language for expressing relational structures and operations.

The naming convention is similar to the PIL (Pugs Intermediate
Language) used in the Perl 6 camp, and they serve the same sort of
purpose.

The name IRL could also double as a short form of Intermediate
Rosetta Language, but I won't be touting this as I may possibly
rename Rosetta to something else in the future, though there's no
real impetus to do so now.

-- Darren Duncan