[Dbix-class] Re: [Catalyst] Migration from Class::DBI to DBIx::Class (with CDBICompat)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jan 11 22:43:58 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 03:23:36PM -0600, Brandon Black wrote:
> On 1/10/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> > I haven't seen the set_sql yet I couldn't persuade ResultSet to build for me :)
>
> Now there's a bold challenge :) ... we still need code for DISTINCT,
> GROUP BY, and HAVING, aggregate functions, and functions in general, I
> think, or is some of that in your new branch already?

GROUP BY and aggregate functions are handled by ResultSet in the branch.
DISTINCT should work too.

No idea about HAVING, it's not usually a construct I find myself using.

A "weird SQL SELECTs gallery" (along the lines of the joins gallery I used for
inspiration on 0.03) would be appreciated.

Oh, and I as yet have exactly fsck all idea how to handle sub-SELECTs.

My point more is that via ResultSet you can control the SQL generation pretty
directly by passing appropriate datastructures, and where that doesn't work
literal chunks of SQL. Trying to pass the *whole* SQL at once would simply
ensure that ResultSet couldn't DWIM when you call ->search_related or similar.