[Dbix-class] Class::DBI => DBIx::Class.

Todd Lorenz trlorenz at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:38:13 CET 2006

I've seen a lot of the Class::DBI vs. DBIx::Class stuff going back and
forth, and I'm getting the feeling that DBIx::Class is becoming a better and
better choice for someone making his first foray into ORM-land. Obviously
DBIx::Class has the great advantage of having learned from Class::DBI's
mistakes.

But I've been using Class::DBI for a long time now, though; I know it, I
live it, I even love it a little. The problem of course is that the more
code I churn out using Class::DBI, the harder it's going to be to refit
everything when DBIx::Class becomes a fruit too juicy to resist. So about
this compat layer...

What *doesn't* it do? Has anyone tried it out on great big piles of CDBI
production code? Does there exist any document that might help a guy wean
his code off the compat layer systematically? Or is it still too early to
worry about any of this?

TRL